2012 Superprestige Zonhoven
November 7, 2012
- Americans who race in Belgium for the full cross season stop conjugating verbs early on, and only use infinitives, even when they talk to fellow English speakers.
- The beer tent in Zonhoven loves to play Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline"
- The Zonhoven course is at the end of a dead-end street in an otherwise surprisingly normal, affluent suburb.
- I tried to drop into the sand quarry portion of the course four times the day before the race. I ate it all four times, literally taking in a fair amount of sand into my mouth.
- I forgot to bring a recording device, something I realized only seconds before entering Bart Wellen's camper. I had to borrow an iPhone from a guy I had just met.